50 Contoh Soal Past Perfect Tense dan Jawabannya
Untuk sukses mengerjakan soal past perfect tense, memahami materi saja tidak cukup. Kamu harus membiasakan diri dengan pola soal yang umum diujikan. Artikel contoh soal past perfect tense dan jawabannya ini akan membantu kamu agar terbiasa dengan bentuk soal yang sering muncul di ujian.
Dalam contoh ini terdapat dua bentuk soal yang akan kamu kerjakan, yakni soal pilihan ganda dan soal essay, namuan ada baikknya kamu pelajari dulu materi yang lalu tentang Past Perfect Tense : Pengertian, Rumus, dan Contoh Kalimat dan Contoh Kalimat Past Perfect Tense Positif, Negatif, dan Interogatif. jika sudah Yuk, coba jawab pertanyaan berikut ini:
Soal Past Perfect Tense Pilihan Ganda
Berikut adalah beberapa contoh soal past perfect tense bentuk pilihan ganda yang umumnya akan kamu temui dalam tes bahasa Inggris. Cermati soal dengan seksama dan pilihlah pilihan jawaban yang paling tepat!
- The seller ___ all the packages before the couriers took them.
- had checked
- had checks
- have check
- has checked
- Tommy had cycled for 25 kilometers when he ___ the finish line.
- Before the ambulance came, Dr. Harry and Dr. Wendy ___ cardiopulmonary resuscitation on the patient.
- had done
- would done
- would have do
- have done
- My father had ___ his car before the rain came.
- Joshua and I had bought the tickets long before they ___ the concert.
- had canceled
- will cancel
- Britney ___ English before she took the TOEFL test last Monday.
- has studied
- will study
- had study
- As soon as Kevin had finished his meals, the servant ___ all the cutlery on the table and ___ it with the clean one.
- took, changed
- take, change
- take, changes
- taken, changed
- I ___ my capibara right before I left home.
- had fed
- have fed
- Liam ___ to Tokyo a couple of times before he decided not to get on a plane again.
- has been
- have been
- had been
- When he ___ at me, he knew I had changed my hair color from black to brown.
- It was terrible. We did not have money after we ___ our bag.
- had lose
- had lost
- would lose
- will lose
The following dialogue is for question number 12 and 13
Andrew: Have you finished the English class final project task? How about the Mathematical proposal? The due date is on Thursday.
Jimmy: I ___ (12) the final English project before I ___ (13) the proposal last week. How about you? Have you done it?
Andrew: I had done all of it before this morning’s class.
- had done
- will do
- would done
14. Nick: We had never ___ such a gorgeous beach before we went to Bali.
Ferry: Yup! We don’t have many options when it comes to the beach in our hometown.
The best answer to fill in the sentence is?
- Kiki: I’m feeling so sick right now.
Rey: What happened?
Kiki: I had eaten old pizza in the refrigerator before I ___ up my sister from school. It must be that pizza that makes me queasy.
Which option is the best answer to fill in the sentence above?
- has picked
- Had you ___ after your father called you?
- Mother: Peter, Had your father ___ his medicine before he went to his office?
Peter: I think he did.
Which option is the correct answer to fill in the sentence above?
- Which of the following is the correct past perfect sentence?
- You have to fry the onion before putting it on the plate.
- We had planted the plant when they come to install the fence.
- I had cleared my room before other family members came to my house.
- They had twist the dough before putting it in the oven.
The following text is for question number 19 and 20
James and Bill had caught the culprit before the police officers got to the crime scene. Based on the news on television, Bill had seen the culprit hanging around near the victim’s house for days before he robbed the victim’s house. Luckily, at that time, James and Bill walked their dog near the location and caught the culprit doing his action.
- The word “hanging around” have the same meaning as the word
- getting off
- “James and Bill had caught the culprit before the police officers got to the crime scene.” Which of the following choices has the same meaning as that sentence?
- The police officers got to the crime scene after James and Bill captured the culprit.
- James and Bill got the culprit after the police officers arrived at the crime scene.
- The culprit was jailed by the police officers before James and Bill came.
- James and Bill caught the culprit as soon as the police came to the crime scene.
- Cindy and I can not go to the exhibition because neither of us ___ the ticket earlier.
- had not book
- had not booked
- have not book
- have not booking
- I ___ when the princess saw me.
- had bowed
- has bowed
- had bow
- has bow
- Samuel and Timmy had not watched the movie when our lecturer ___ us to write a review.
- He had ___ for two hours when our plane landed at Denpasar airport.
- I had recorded most of the events when the camera batteries ran out.
The following text is for question number 26 to 28
I had ___ (26) at around 5 a.m. when your alarm ___ (27). Honestly, I woke up early so that I could finish my homework. A few hours later, I had completed my task before you woke up. Afterward, Im tidied up our room, swept, and ___ (28) the floor. After that, I went to our front yard to sunbathe.
- wake up
- woke up
- woken up
- waking up
- When I ___ in Surabaya, my best friend, Tiffany, had come back to Jakarta.
- My brother ___ studied French when he chose to study in France.
- had not studied
- had not study
- had not studies
- will study
Contoh Soal Past Perfect Tense Essay dan Jawabannya
Berlanjut ke bentuk soal yang selanjutnya, berikut merupakan beberapa contoh soal essay past perfect tense dan jawabannya. Kerjakan 20 contoh soal ini dengan teliti dan saksama!
- Trust me! I ___ (wash) my bedcover before you ___ (stay) over a week ago.
- You ___ (eat) the soup last night before we went to the party.
- The ice cream ___ (thaw)before I had an opportunity to put it in the refrigerator.
- I had not ___ (shave) when you came in last night.
- Had you ___ (clean) up your mess by the time they arrived?
- Eric had not___ (speak) to you about the incident, had he?
- I ___ (taste) it before you added some salt, but it is still tasteless.
- He ___ (wait) for 3 hours until you ___ (show up).
- The train had been ___ (delay) for hours before they fixed the rails.
- Why had she ___ (agree) to fix someone’s problem?
- I could not pay for my taxi. I had ___ (lose) my wallet.
- Ricky and George had been best friends until Rickey ___ (know) you.
- Before you ___ (give) me this phone, I ___ (use) my old phone for five years.
- You had not ___ (paint) this wall last time I was here.
- Harry and Steve had ___ (close) their business before covid-19.
- My little sister ___ (sleep) when I ___ (enter)her room.
- Bill ___ (argue) with his fiance when I came in.
- The bomb ___ (explode) when the Hazardous Devices Unit arrived at the scene.
- Dylan ___ (read) that book five times.
- By the time my sister got home, my mother ___ (cook) dinner.
Selesai mengerjakan 50 soal di atas? Ini saatnya untuk menilai jawaban kamu sudah benar atau belum. Berikut adalah kunci jawaban dari soal pilihan ganda dan juga esai yang ada di atas:
- had washed, stayed
- had eaten
- had thawed
- had tasted
- had waited, showed up
- gave, had used
- had slept, entered
- had argued
- had exploded
- had read
- had cooked
Itulah beberapa contoh soal pilihan ganda dan juga esai dalam pembahasan contoh soal latihan past perfect tense dan jawabannya ini. Beragam contoh soal di atas bisa kamu kerjakan secara rutin agar terbiasa dengan pola soal yang sering diujikan dalam ujian bahasa Inggris.
Ingat, selain memahami materi pelajaran past perfect tense, terbiasa dengan pola soal yang diujikan bisa membantu kamu dalam meraih nilai yang lebih dalam ujian. Demikian pembahasan contoh soal past perfect tense dan jawabannya kali ini. Selamat belajar dan juga mengerjakan!